Auto Accident Injury Care
Auto accident care can vary greatly depending on your precise condition. If you’re in an accident of any kind, remember, chiropractors play a huge role in the diagnosis of back conditions. If you were in an accident, remember that the auto accident care providers at Southside Chiropractic Clinic are here for you.
Car accidents are a leading cause of soft tissue injuries. Estimates indicate that as many as eighty percent of people involved in car accidents suffer from soft tissue injuries. A soft tissue injury is any damage or injury to muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Soft tissue injuries may be sudden (acute) or get worse gradually (chronic). Sometimes these injuries aren’t detected right away because they don’t show up on X-rays and often don’t cause discomfort until some time after the accident occurs.
One of the most common soft tissue injuries to occur during a car accident is whiplash. Usually caused by a rear-end collision, whiplash is caused by the rapid jolting of the head forward and then back. Severe soft tissue damage can result, including strains or tears to the ligaments and tendons of the neck or even damage to the discs between the vertebrae that can cause long-term pain.
Symptoms of Soft Tissue Injuries
Symptoms of soft tissue injuries can manifest some time after an accident occurs. It can take as long as several days or a few weeks after. Even if you’ve been treated and released by paramedics or from an emergency room, you should still keep an eye out for any unusual discomfort or pain. Symptoms to be aware of include:
- Neck pain
- Sore muscles or spasms in the back
- Tingling or numbness in the extremities
- Dizziness or nausea
If you experience any of these symptoms, or any discomfort or pain after a car accident, call Southside Chiropractic Clinic right away to determine if the symptoms might be due to soft tissue injury suffered during the accident. If they are, a treatment plan to relieve the pain and increase healing will see you through the disruptive pain in your life. Our goal is to get you back to optimal wellness and doing all the things that you love to do.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I was in a wreck?
1. The first thing is to seek medical attention if you feel your injuries are severe. Either dial 9-1-1 or go to a hospital or urgent care facility.
2. Call your insurance carrier* to report the accident and to obtain a claim number and adjuster’s phone number. If the accident was your fault, ask if you have Med Pay, which is an optional coverage that pays medical bills. If you do not, you’ll have to pay for your treatment out of pocket or with your health insurance.
3. If the accident was someone else’s fault, obtain the police report and call the insurance company for the at-fault driver. Obtain a claim number and the adjuster’s phone number and ask about limitations to the medical coverage.
4. Call our office to schedule an appointment. Bring your claim number and adjuster’s phone number.
5. If you choose to hire an attorney, you may do so, but it’s not required. If you have one, please let our office know.
* According to Louisiana’s “No pay, no play” policy, if you were uninsured at the time of the accident, you will have to pay for the first $15,000 of medical care out of pocket.
Do I need an attorney or a referral from a medical doctor?
No, you can see us without either one.
Will your office take a Letter of Protection from an attorney?
Yes, it can be faxed to us at 318-688-5846.
Schedule Your Appointment for AUTO ACCIDENT CARE
Call (318) 686-3152 or Complete the Form Below and We Will Contact You Shortly.
Schedule Your Appointment
the button to send us a message. Contact Us